Want to know what you can do to help support The Listening Ear? You're in the right place! This page explains a little about us, what we do and what we hope to achieve.
For ideas on fundraising and how to support click here
Who TLE is
TLE is a local charity (est. 2003) working in schools across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole providing counselling and mental health support to children aged 5-19.
Our qualified counsellors have specialised training and experience working with children and young people, using a variety of techniques including talking therapy, art and play therapy and mindfulness.
TLE are proud to have been named South England Prestige Awards Specialist Counselling Service for 2022-23
What TLE Does
TLE provides a safe and confidential space for children and young people to explore their thoughts and feelings in order to be able to better manage difficult situations including:
Why Support TLE
116,000 children and young people
live in the BCP community:
- over 38,000 have experienced some form of bullying in the last 6 months
- over 12,000 have a mental health problem
- over 11,000 have experienced 4 or more
Adverse Childhood Events
- over 1600 are in care or have a child protection plan in place
- over 1600 are young carers
- over 1600 are living with adults where domestic abuse, substance misuse and/or mental health concerns impact their daily lives.
- all have been impacted by the covid pandemic due to disruptions to daily life.
How Can You Help?
Supports 4 Children
Supports 2 Children
Supports 1 Child
Become a Monthly Donor
Make a one off Donation
Follow our donation instructions on the home page!
Donate Raffle Prizes
Bottles (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), a Gift Certificate for your business, use of a beach hut etc.
Spread the Word
Tell your family, friends, colleagues about us. Share us on social media!
Organise your own Fundraising Event e.g.